Saturday, February 24, 2007

BRW 2007

Got some new bits for the bike last week. A new computer - Sigma 1606l DTS with wireless cadence, rack + panniers and some clear lenses specs for cycling in the dark.

Today was the first day I got to play with two of the three. I rode to Elwood this morning to check out the BRW triathlon that I plan to compete in next year. Went Blackburn -> FTG Road -> Princes Hwy -> Neerim Rd -> Bambra Rd -> North Rd -> bike track along beach to Elwood. About 15kms and a nice ride early in the morning.

Met up with L and A there and had a look around, had breaky and headed home - total trip a tad over 30km. Smile
Avg Cadence was 76
Avg Speed was 17.8
Top speed was 55.07 Twisted Evil

We did a bit of slow riding around the event which will have dropped the averages slightly.

Also when I was setting up the new computer I noticed the old one had the wheel circumference set up wrong! Evil or Very Mad so everything was out by about 10%. I took that into account when plugging in the new odometer reading in the new computer, so the total reading is about right now. (236km)

Still it was a fun ride, and I can't wait to get the bike racks so I can get the Mrs down to the beach for rides along the bike tracks there - it was magic riding along the tracks towards the city this morning.

No comments: